Applicants interested in Centennial Towers must meet income qualification standards, citizenship status (for at least one family member / rental rate prorated based upon the number of citizens or legal immigrants present in the home), suitability standards as imposed by HCHA, criminal, gang and drug related background checks and must not be indebted to another federally assisted housing agency. Other restrictions may apply. HCHA imposes a minimum rental rate of $50 and a flat and ceiling rental rate of $484 effective Jan 1, 2020.
The approximate waiting list time for these apartments is one to three months (subject to change without notice). Applications are based on a preference system. Applicants who do not meet one or more preferences may be subjected to much longer or even indefinite waits.
All Public Housing residents must perform eight hours of Community Service per month or be exempted from this regulation (exemption criteria include employment, job training, elderly status or proof from a medical professional that you are unable to perform this requirements).
Centennial Towers is an 11 story high-rise consisting of 122 one-bedroom and one two-bedroom apartments. Centennial Towers is conveniently located near the HCHA office.
This is a Smoke-Free property. Smoking on the property is prohibited.
- Elevator service to all floors.
- Range and refrigerator provided.
- Security cameras.
- Electricity, gas, sewer and trash included in rental payment.
- Large laundry room with coin-operated machines.
- Community Room that may be reserved for private use by tenants.
- Library and reading area.
- Front and rear lot parking.
- Discounted cost for optional Expanded Basic cable TV from Charter Communications.
- Low $10 per month energy charge for tenant owned air-conditioning units (April through September).
- Secure building entrances.
- Short walk to HCHA Administrative Office.
- Great location in the middle of Grand Island (near the hospital, shopping, grocery stores, etc.).
- Supportive referral services available.
- HCHA officer availability and property monitoring.