Applicants interested in Golden Towers must meet income qualification standards, citizenship status (for at least one family member / rental rate prorated based upon the number of citizens or legal immigrants present in the home), suitability standards as imposed by HCHA, criminal, gang and drug related background checks and must not be indebted to another federally assisted housing agency. Other restrictions may apply. HCHA imposes a minimum rental rate of $50 and a flat and ceiling rental rate of $446 effective Jan 1, 2020.
The approximate waiting list time for these apartments is one to three months (subject to change without notice). Applications are based on a preference system. Applicants who do not meet one or more preferences may be subjected to much longer or even indefinite waits.
All Public Housing residents must perform eight hours of Community Service per month or be exempted from this regulation (exemption criteria include employment, job training, elderly status or proof from a medical professional that you are unable to perform this requirements).
Golden Towers is a five-story high-rise building consisting of 80 spacious efficiency and one two-bedroom apartments. Golden Towers is conveniently located near the HCHA office.
This is a Smoke-Free property. Smoking on the property is prohibited.
- Elevator service to all floors.
- Security cameras.
- Range and refrigerator provided.
- Electricity, gas, sewer and trash included in rental payment.
- Two laundry rooms with coin-operated machines.
- Community Room that may be reserved for private use by tenants.
- Beauty shop located within building.
- Front and rear lot parking options.
- Updated kitchen cabinets.
- Discounted cost for optional Expanded Basic cable TV from Charter Communications.
- Low $10 per month energy charge for tenant owned air-conditioning units (April through September).
- Secure building entrances.
- Short walk to HCHA Administrative Office.
- Great location in the middle of Grand Island (near the hospital, shopping, grocery stores, etc.).
- Supportive referral services available.
- HCHA officer availability and property monitoring.