Applicants interested in Pletcher Terrace must meet income qualification standards, citizenship status (for at least one family member / rental rate prorated based upon the number of citizens or legal immigrants present in the home), suitability standards as imposed by HCHA, criminal, gang and drug-related background checks and must not be indebted to another federally assisted housing agency. Other restrictions may apply. HCHA imposes a minimum rental rate of $50 and a flat and ceiling rental rate of $446 (efficiency apartments), $502 (one-bedroom apartments), and $634 (two-bedroom apartments) effective Jan 1, 2021.
The approximate waiting list time for these apartments is six to nine months (subject to change without notice). Applications are based on a preference system. Applicants who do not meet one or more preferences may be subjected to much longer or even indefinite waits.
All Public Housing residents must perform eight hours of Community Service per month or be exempted from this regulation (exemption criteria include employment, job training, elderly status, or proof from a medical professional that you are unable to perform this requirement).
Pletcher Terrace consists of 14 efficiency, 31 one-bedroom, and four two-bedroom garden level apartments. They are conveniently located near the HCHA office.
This is a Smoke-Free property. Smoking on the property is prohibited.
- Electricity, gas, sewer, and trash included in rental payment.
- Range and refrigerator provided.
- Private front and rear entrances to units.
- Two laundry rooms with coin-operated machines.
- Close proximity to a community room which may be reserved for private use by tenants.
- Updated kitchen cabinets.
- Discounted cost for optional Expanded Basic cable TV from Charter Communications.
- Low $10 per month energy charge for tenant-owned air-conditioning units (April through September).
- Street parking.
- Lawn mowed and walks cleared by HCHA.
- Great location in the middle of Grand Island (near the hospital, shopping, grocery stores, etc.).
- Supportive referral services are available.
- HCHA officer availability and property monitoring.